Bounce back. Go forward. That’s Momentum.
The goals of Momentum’s Restorative Amputee Rehabilitation Program are:
- To speed healing medically, physically, and emotionally.
- Instill the confidence in themselves that they will walk again.
- Empower each individual to resume the activities that made their lives whole before their amputation.
- Provide the individual with the skills to return home and live as independently as possible.
Why choose Momentum at South Bay for your rehabilitation?
- Our program is an interdisciplinary team approach to amputee care.
- Each patient receives an individualized skilled physical, occupational, and speech therapy program
catering to their own specific needs at each phase of their recovery and rehabilitation process.
- Thee Medical Director is a Board-Certified physiatrist who specializes in patients following
amputation, wound care, and pain management.
- On site psychologist sees every individual and their caregiver(s) impacted by limb loss and limb difference
in the program, with the goal to help the patient adjust to life after the loss of a limb, to manage the
environmental stresses associated with their new lifestyle.
- Specialized wound care team, Social Workers, Recreation Therapy, Dieticians, Skilled Nursing Care.