Family and Friends VISITATION UPDATE:
Momentum is happy to announce the return of visitors. Please note the following rules:
- The visitor must present a verified negative test result within the last week (7 days) and visitation must be refused if the individual(s) fails to present such a negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions. According to governmental guidance, Momentum at South Bay will allow visitation without the presentation of a verified negative test result for a transition period until September 24, 2020. Starting on September 25, 2020, all visitors must provide the facility with a verified negative COVID-19 test result or be denied visitation
- Visits will occur by appointment only, 7 days a week, at 10:00 AM, 2:30 PM, and 4:00 PM.
- Visitations will be limited to 45-minute sessions.
- Visitations will take place in our backyard patio while maintain social distancing.
- All residents and visitors must wear face coverings or facemasks at all times during the visit.
- Each resident is permitted 2 visitors at a time
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older
- Nursing home visitations may resume after an absence of any new nursing home cases of COVID-19 as reported to the NYSDOH for a period of no less than fourteen (14) days, down from twenty-eight (28 days).
- All visitors must complete a health screening form prior to visitation.
- Hand hygiene will be available and enforced before and after visitation.
- There will be no food or beverages allowed during visitations.
- Appointments may be made up to 7 days in advance, limit of 1 visit per week per resident.
- The visitation area will be thoroughly disinfected in-between appointments.
Visitation may be postponed for inclement weather, outdoor temperatures 92 degrees or above with dew point of 70 or greater.
Visits may not be permitted in resident’s rooms or on nursing units.
According to NYSDOH ” if any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.”
Please monitor our website and Facebook (FB) page for further announcements. Visitation may be paused at any time due to an increase in the number of residents and/or staff with a confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
Please call 631.581.6400 X 6112 for a visitation appointment.